There are so many different pre-workout supplements on the market today that it can be hard to tell which ones might work best for without spending hundreds of dollars to try them all.
A good pre-workout can mean the difference between a successful workout that you have the energy to complete, and an sub par one can leave dragging through your workout.
The PreSeries Stim-Free preworkout supplement by Transparent Labs is unique in that it contains a variety of natural ingredients in clinically effective dosage.
Let’s take a closer look at this pre workout supplement to see what sets it apart from the myriad of others on the market today.
What is Transparent Labs PreSeries Stim-Free?
Transparent Labs PreSeries Stim-Free is a preworkout supplement designed to be used before a workout to increase energy levels and improve lean muscle gains.
It is formulated for both men and women.
One thing that sets this preworkout apart from other supplements is that it contains no stimulants – either artificial or natural.
Instead, it relies on it’s ingredients to provide a natural energy boost with no crash afterward once it wears off.
What is PreSeries Stim-Free Used For?
This supplement is primarily used by athletes to give them an extra boost before their workout. It is designed to be mixed with water, but can be mixed easily with nearly any liquid.
PreSeries Stim-Free Benefits
For an all natural pre workout supplement, PreSeries Stim-Free actually has a lot going for it.
- All Natural Ingredients – All of the ingredients in this pre workout supplement are natural or derived from natural sources.
- No Stimulants – As its name suggest, this pre workout doesn’t contain any stimulants. This is useful for preventing a crash after the workout which can happen with some stimulants like caffeine.
- Researched Backed Formulation – Each ingredient included is at its clinically effective dosage, ensuring that you’re getting the most out of each dose.
- Good for Both Genders – The PreSeries Stim-Free is designed to be gender neutral, so it can be used by both men and women who are looking for something to boost their workout.
- Improved Energy – The formula includes two ingredients, betaine and creatine, that have both been shown to improve power and energy.
- Improved Endurance – Two of the ingredients, beta alanine and choline bitartrate, have both been shown to improve both long and short term endurance.
- Testing Safe – For professional athletes that need to undergo drug testing to compete, this is an ideal choice because it contains no illegal ingredients or stimulants that might show up in a drug test.
- Ingredient Transparency – Transparent Labs lives up to its name by being entirely transparent with the formulation of their supplements, so you know exactly what you’re putting into your body.
- Gluten and GMO Free – For anyone who is concerned about gluten in their diet, or the addition of GMOs, this preworkout is free from both.
- No Artificial Sweeteners or Colors – All flavors and sweeteners are derived from natural sources, reducing the need for artificial additives.
- No Artificial Preservatives – This supplement utilizes calcium silicate and silicon dioxide as natural preservatives, instead of relying on chemicals to keep the powder fresh before use.
PreSeries Stim-Free Ingredients
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients used by Transparent Labs in their PreSeries Stim-Free supplement.
- Citrulline Malate 2:1 – Each serving contains 6,000 mg of this non-essential amino acid. When used in a preworkout supplement, it boosts the body’s own natural production of nitric oxide, which is beneficial during training as it allows the red blood cells to carry more oxygen which is needed for long-term endurance and strength training.
- BCAA 2:1:1 – BCAA stands for Branched Chain Amino Acids, and the numbers following the acronym indicade how much of each amino acid – Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine- are contained within the formula. A 2:1:1 ratio is considered the best in the industry for muscle recovery, growth and repair.
- Beta-Alanine – Beta-alanine is another amino acid that is frequently added to workout supplements. It works to increase endurance by encouraging your body to produce additional carnosine, which reduces muscle fatigue during workouts. In clinical doses, it can also help increase muscle growth.
- Creatine HCl – Creatine Hydrochloride, or HCl, is found naturally in red meat and seafood. HCI, it acts to help improve muscle growth, and even has been used in applications in the medical field to improve muscle growth in the elderly.
- BetaPure (Beta Anhydrous) – BetaPure is a trademarked formula sourced by Transparent Labs. This ingredient has been shown to improve strength, muscle growth and endurance.
- Taurine – Taurine compliments creatine in a formula like this, helping the body’s cells hold more water which increases cell volume.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – Often shortened to simply tyrosine, this amino acid is found naturally in the body. When added to a workout supplement, it can help to increase workout intensity and reduce the possibility of overtraining.
- Choline Bitartrate – This ingredient is found naturally in a number of different foods. During exercise, especially endurance exercise, the body converts it to acetylcholine, which is necessary for endurance. It also has nootropic characteristics, helping to improve memory and focus.
- Mucuna Pruriens (98% L-Dopa) – Also known as velvet bean extract, this natural ingredient has been shown to improve adrenaline and testosterone production in the body, especially in those who might have trouble producing sufficient amounts of either hormone.
- L-Norvaline – This is another amino acid that is naturally found in the body. It helps to improve blood flow by acting as a vasodilator, working by inhibiting an enzyme that shuts off the body’s nitric oxide production. When paired with other NO boosters like citrulline malate, it helps to improve endurance and speed up muscle growth and recovery.
- Bioperine – Also known as black pepper extract, this ingredient helps to improve your metabolism. It also acts as a bioenhancer, increasing the absorption of these other ingredients.
The PreSeries Stim Free supplement is then flavored with natural flavors, depending on the flavor you choose, and sweetened with stevia.
PreSeries Stim-Free Dosage
How much PreSeries Stim-Free should you be using before your workouts? Each package of this preworkout comes with a large scoop, and a single serving is between 23-25 grams.
It is recommended to drink your pre workout 25 to 30 minutes before you’re ready to hit the gym for maximum effect.
PreSeries Stim-Free Side Effects
Some of the ingredients included in this pre-workout have been shown to have some negative side effects.
Norvaline, for example, can cause dizziness and beta alanine has been known to cause a tingling sensation on the skin.
WIth these in mind, it is recommended to try a half-scoop the first time you use the PreSeries Stim-Free to assess your own personal tolerance to the formula.
PreSeries Stim-Free Cost
One package of PreSeries Stim-Free contains 30 servings and can be purchased directly from Transparent Labs for $49.00.
That breaks down to roughly $1.64 per serving. Purchasing two bags at once will save you $9.00, costing $89.00 or $1.49 per serving.
Purchasing three packages at once will save you $28, for a total of $119 or $1.32 per serving.
It also comes in five different flavors – blue raspberry, sour grape, green apple, strawberry lemonade, and orange.
While navigating the sometimes intimidating number of pre workout supplements on the market can seem like a chore, there are a few products that definitely set themselves apart.
Whether you’re looking for a stimulant free pre workout because you are sensitive to caffeine or simply want something that will be more effective than the off-the-shelf pre workouts that you might find at your local health food store, Transparent Lab’s PreSeries Stim-Free stands out from the crowd and should be on your list of products to consider. Get PreSeries Stim-Free today.