Are you hoping that you can still drop by at Buffalo Wild Wings and enjoy a plate full of mouth watering favorites without hurting your keto diet?
You’re in the right spot!
In this Athletic Muscle guide, I’ll be covering:
- Are traditional wings keto friendly?
- What are keto-friendly wing sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings?
- Keto-friendly low carb burgers, sandwiches, tenders, and wraps.
- And a whole lot more!
A common misunderstanding with the ketogenic diet is that it means staying in and avoiding any form of fast food or restaurant or anything not prepared from scratch that allows carbohydrate intake tracking to keep up that ketogenic state.
It may be that Buffalo Wild Wings can provide a “saving grace” of a menu for all you keto-ers who miss that out-of-the-house dining experience!
- How to eat Keto at El Pollo Loco
- How to eat Keto at Outback Steakhouse
- How to eat Keto at In-N-Out
- How to enjoy Keto Food at Chili’s
- How to Enjoy IHOP on a Keto Diet
- Enjoying Keto at Sonic
Are Traditional Wings at Buffalo Wild Wings Keto Friendly?
The menu item Buffalo Wild Wings are most famous for, their traditional wings, are a keto dieter’s dream are naturally low in carbohydrates.
They are not breaded like some wings, they are rich in protein and relatively energy dense. A perfect fit for any keto diet.
Do be aware: the boneless wings are breaded; therefore, these would be an option to skip as these could knock you out of the ketogenic state.
Don't miss out on delicious treats.
Get the latest nutrition plans, guides, and tips straight to your inbox. Subscribe to the newsletter!
Read Also: Top 6 Best Men’s Compression Shorts for CrossFit
Which Sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings are Keto-Friendly?
Wing sauce is where the danger may lay. For many food establishment this could be the case, given that most sauces are packed with added sugars that = carbohydrates.
Not Buffalo Wild Wings! They have not one, not two, but a whole range of suitable and delicious options to choose from to make your wings even more delicious and allow you to have the peace of mind of knowing you are maintaining your ketogenic stat.
Some favourite sauces (based on small-sized portions):
- “Blazin” Sauce (3g net carbs)
- Hot Sauce (3g net carbs)
- Medium Sauce (2g net carbs)
- Mild Sauce (2g net carbs)
- Parmesan Garlic Sauce (4g net carbs)
- Spicy Garlic Sauce (4g net carbs)
- Wild Sauce (3g net carbs)
Note: medium- and large- sized portions increase net carbs 1 – 2g
Read Also: Top 5 Best CLA Supplements
Keto Friendly Low Carb Burgers, Sandwiches, Tenders, and Wraps
Aside from their wonderfully tender wings, Buffalo Wild Wings also offers a range of other keto friendly options.
Here is a list of other options to enjoy guilt-free:
- A bunless beef burger patty (0g net carbs)
- Grilled chicken breast (1g net carbs)
- Both serving sizes of naked tenders, does not apply to crispy tenders (0g net carbs)
- Celery and carrot stick side servings
- Add ons include cheese – blue to swiss cheese slices which range from 0 – 2g of net carbs and bacon at 0g net carbs
- Avoiding the sandwiches and wraps are for obvious reasons, but there is an option of “open” alternatives without the bread/wrap component
For more details, check out Buffalo Wild Wings full nutrition guide here.
Read Also: Top 5 Best Electrolytes for Keto Diet
Keto Friendly Salads at Buffalo Wild Wings
Buffalo Wild Wings also offers a range of salad options.
It is important to note that these options do come with garlic toast and croutons; you should highlight when ordering that you don’t want these included.
The salads include super tasty salad dressings that meet the low-carb keto criteria.
A list of the low carb salad dressings:
- Blue Cheese Dressing (2 – 3g net carbs)
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Dressing (3 – 4g net carbs)
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing (3 – 5g net carbs)
- Lemon Vinaigrette (3 – 5g net carbs)
- Ranch Dressing (2 – 3g net carbs)
- Southwestern Ranch Dressing (2 – 3g net carbs)
Read Also: The 5 Best Keto Multivitamins for Your Diet
What to Drink at Buffalo Wild Wings for Low Carb Diet?
In addition to the go to H2O, diet and zero sugar carbonated drink alternatives are available.
Not recommended, but there is also a range of alcoholic options which can be keto-friendly if you are mindful of the limitations.
- Bud Light (Reg/Tall) (5 – 7g net carbs)
- Michelob ULTRA (Reg/Tall) (3 – 4g net carbs)
- Miller Light (Reg/Tall) (4 – 5g net carbs)
- Stella Artois (1 serving) (5g net carbs)
- Bud Light (5g net carbs per bottle)
- Coors Light (5g net carbs per bottle)
- Corona Light (5g net carbs per bottle)
- Michelob ULTRA (3g net carbs per bottle)
- Miller Lite (3g net carbs per bottle)
- Truly Spike & Sparkling (2g net carbs per can)
- Bella Sera Moscato (6 – 9 fl. oz.) (5 – 7g net carbs)
- Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio (6 – 9 fl. oz.) (4 – 5g net carbs)
Additional options are coffee, taken black, (0g net carbs), unsweetened tea (1g net carb) and sugar free Red Bull (3g net carbs).
Buffalo Wild Wings has plenty to offer for any and all keto dieters who enjoy the occasional escape from the confines of the kitchen to enjoy a meal out with family and friends. The menu allows creativity in creating a keto-friendly dish of one’s own choosing.
Keto, while restrictive in nature, needn’t restrict enjoying the social aspects of going out to a restaurant.