Are you wondering if BistroMD is the right meal delivery service for you?
Great! You've come to the right place. In this guide, you'll learn:
- What is BistroMD?
- How does BistroMD work?
- What can you expect in your meal?
- And a whole lot more!
A quick Google search will show you there are hundreds of different online meal programs and high-quality delivery services.
Some cater to a specific diet, while others take a more general approach and emphasize healthy ingredients. Others cater to a specific health or fitness goal, such as weight loss.
BistroMD is a meal delivery system that places an emphasis on weight loss and healthy ingredients. They use over 20 years of experience from dieticians and doctors, along with their own tested methodology to help their customers shed excess body-fat.
If you're looking for something that cuts out all the guesswork—and by guesswork, we mean shopping, cooking, and knowing what to eat to lose weight—BistroMD might be the right program for you.
Here's a BistroMD review you can use to decide if their system is right for you and your goals.
What Is BistroMD?
Designed by doctors, BistroMD is a meal kit delivery service and weight loss program all rolled into one.
While the recipes are made by professional chefs, each meal and portion size is carefully constructed to balance out your macro-nutrients, boost your metabolism, and jump-start your weight loss results.
Unlike other meal delivery services, BistroMD was made for people who are trying to get the best out of their weight loss plan.
Convenience and all of the other benefits of delegating your meal plan to someone else aside, this is the program's objective—meaning it may or may not be a good fit for you and your goals.
The dieting program was originally designed by Dr. Caroline J. Cederquist, who has more than 20 years of experience helping people lose weight. It's maintained by a team of registered dieticians and nutritionists.
How Does BistroMD Work?
BistroMD is very easy to set up, according to their website. The first step is to select from one of their 5 programs:
The next step is to select your meal frequency, which will determine how many meals are delivered each week and how much you'll pay. There are 4 options:
- Full program (7 days, 3 meals per day)
- Full program (5 days, 3 meals per day)
- Lunches and dinners (7 meals, 2 meals per day)
- Lunches and dinners (5 meals, 2 meals per day)
There are also gender-specific options that can help you further personalize your plan so you can achieve your weight loss goals.
Like most prepared meal systems, you'll save money on a per-meal basis by subscribing to the higher-meal options. See "How Much Does BistroMD Cost?" below for more information on pricing.
BistroMD and Weight Loss
There are lots of different ways to lose weight. What works for one person might not work for you, so knowing what BistroMD's plan is for your weight loss might help you decide if this plan is right for you.
So, how exactly does BistroMD help you lose weight?
Their approach places a priority on three things:
- Meal balance- Each meal comes with a combination of complex carbs, veggies, whole grains, fiber-dense foods, and lean proteins. Food options are balanced to hit each of the three macronutrients and keep you full long after you eat.
- Not counting calories- If you've found that counting calories feels restrictive and rarely leads to success when losing weight, you're in the same camp as BistroMD. Their focus is on nutrient-intake, not a specific amount of calories per meal.
- Totally customizable- Their team of registered dietitians creates a custom diet program for you. They allow you to set your taste preference in your profile. And, they give you access to the exclusive menu each week to determine which foods you do and do not want to be delivered. Basically, professionals help inform your decisions, but you have total autonomy over the type of food you eat.
What Can You Expect In Your Meal?
Here's a little bit about what you can expect from your MyBistro diet meals.
According to their website, their nutrition plan aims for between 1,100 and 1,400 calories per day with a macro-nutrient breakdown of:
- 20 to 25 percent calories from fat
- 40 to 50 percent calories from lean protein
- 30 to 35 percent calories from complex carbs (their options aren't low carb like some other meal plans)
Types of Ingredients
BistroMD offers more options than many other meal kit delivery services. While healthy food is a priority for all of the programs, a program catered towards diabetic patients is going to look a lot different than a gluten-free meal plan.
There are over 150 meal options to choose from each week, but not all of them may fit your specific plan.
However, there are some commonalities. According to their site, all BistroMD meals contain zero trans-fats, are low sodium, and contain no added sugars.
No Cooking Required
Unlike other meal delivery services, you don't have to cook or prepare any of your food. They ship to your door as frozen meals but only take five minutes to heat up and enjoy.
This list is not comprehensive, but a sampling of the meals listed on their website.
- Artichoke, spinach and roasted red pepper frittata
- Italian style omelet
- 7-grain waffles with strawberry compote
- Tilapia with orange parsley sauce
- Hickory smoked BBQ pulled pork with broccoli
- Salmon with dill mustard sauce
- Beef with red wine sauce and barley
- Lasagna with garden marinara
- Pork tenderloin with mushroom marsala
- Cran-grape punch
- Espresso fudge cookie bites
- Nuts about chocolate trail mix
- Decadent chocolate cherry bars
How Much Does BistroMD Cost?
As discussed above, BistroMD offers four different programs. Here's a breakdown on the pricing:
- Full program (7 days, 3 meals per day)- $142.46/week
- Full program (5 days, 3 meals per day)- $119.96/week
- Lunches and dinners (7 meals, 2 meals per day)- $119.96/week
- Lunches and dinners (5 meals, 2 meals per day)- $97.46/week
The full program options save you between $8 and $15 per week as compared to the lunch and dinner options.
While these prices are higher than what you might pay at the grocery store, don't forget to account for the expertise going into the meal preparation of your entrees, as well as the large array of food options.
There are over 150 entrees per week to choose from, so you have lots of choices about what you eat.
What are the foods that lower testosterone?
How To Order BistroMD
To order BistroMD meals, you'll need to join their member portal. It is a membership-based program and they'll need to calculate your information and set up your profile before you can place your first order.
Visit their website and click on My BistroMD in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Setting up your profile doesn't take very long, though—at least according to their website. Your free diet analysis only requires three pieces of information to get started:
- Your height
- Your weight
- Your weight loss goal
Once you've selected a diet plan and enroll in the BistroMD program, you'll receive your first week shipment via FedEx.
Your food will be packed with dry ice, meaning it will stay frozen until you pick it up.
Unless you cancel, your program will be auto-renewed on a weekly basis and billed 5-7 days before your next batch of healthy meals gets delivered.
Be sure to check your My BistroMD profile for cutoff dates so you can make any changes you need for the following week.
BistroMD Pros and Cons
Here's a list of some potential pros and cons you can use to determine if BistroMD is right for you.
- It's a program tailored for people to lose weight. For better or worse, this is the goal, so you should know right away whether this is the type of meal kit program you want to follow.
- There's a large variety of foods to choose from each week, so you won't have to eat the same meals often if you don't want to.
- Your dietary needs may or may not be catered to depending on your situation. BistroMD only specializes in weight loss nutrition for a handful of different things.
- Food comes frozen. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as it heats up quickly, but if you'd prefer food that isn't frozen, you can find similar meal services around the same price.
- This program probably won't provide enough calories if you want to train CrossFit or exercise frequently. While the emphasis is on healthy eating, the daily calorie intake is pretty low.